Thinking of buying a house or condo in Bloor West Village? Our guide to Bloor West Village real estate below, will help you decide if this is the neighbourhood for you!
Hover over each box to learn about The Vibe in Bloor West.
The Bloor West Village shopping district runs along Bloor Street between Jane and Clendenan. The neighbourhood is comprised of the area north of Bloor, up to Dundas. Previously, Annette Street was the northerly border of Bloor West Village, but as the area became more popular, it expanded to include the homes north of Annette. Bloor West Village borders Baby Point to the west, Swansea to the south and High Park to the east.
Bloor West Village is considered to be the Ukrainian centre of Toronto. Although the strip along Bloor Street has predominantly been taken over by retail chains, hair salons and small boutiques, the Ukrainian flavour still exists and the culture is celebrated in Bloor West Village with their annual Ukrainian Festival.
- Runnymede Junior & Senior Public School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- King George Public School (JK-6)
- St. Pius Catholic School (JK-8)
- James Culnan Catholic School (JK-8)
- Humberside Collegiate Institute (9-12) (french immersion)
- Western Technical-Commercial School (9-12)
- Ursula Franklin Academy (9-12)
- THESTUDENTSCHOOL (11-12)
The homes in Bloor West Village are traditionally 2 storey detached homes, most with mutual drives or front pad parking. There are also some 2.5 storey homes scattered throughout the area. Most of the area was developed in the 1920’s and 1930’s. There are more semi-detached homes in the north part of Bloor West Village and the prices tend to increase as you get closer to Bloor, however you may also have to fight for parking in the block between Bloor and Colbeck.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Restaurants – Villa, The Kennedy Public House, Bloom, Classico Pizza, Queen’s Pasta, Sparrow Restaurant, Yellow Griffin Pub, The Good Fork, Sushi & Thai
- Bars – The Swan, Dark Horse, Bryden’s, Shakey’s, Henry VIII Ale House
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Coffee Tree Roastery, ZAZA Espresso Bar, Bread & Roses
- Worth Mentioning – The Works, Sunset Grill, Max’s Market, SupperSolved
- Stores – Trixie, MerryGoRound, M for Mendocino, One Tooth Activewear, Trove, Windergarden, Simply Yours, Her’s Fine Lingerie
- Restaurants – Queen Margherita Pizza, Marky & Sparky’s, Buddha Pie, Westwood Grill
- Bars – Fiddler’s Dell
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Creme Fraiche Market Cafe, Coffee Culture
- Worth Mentioning – Butcher By Nature, Grillway Souvlaki House
- Stores – A Changing Nest, The Flower Room, Eat Your Words