Thinking of buying a house or condo in The Kingsway? Our guide to The Kingsway real estate below, will help you decide if this is the neighbourhood for you!
Hover over each box to learn about The Vibe in The Kingsway.
The Kingsway covers the area from Montgomery to the west, the Humber River to the east, Dundas Street to the north and Bloor Street to the south.
The Kingsway is a highly sought-after neighbourhood and arguably the premier neighbourhood in Toronto’s west end. Mature maple and oak trees line the streets and the Humber River flows along the easterly boundary, providing an idyllic backdrop for these majestic homes. The Kingsway Village on Bloor Street West provides the major shopping and pedestrian district for the area and the neighbourhood is celebrated every September with its annual Taste of the Kingsway festival.
The Kingsway is serviced by the Royal York and Old Mill subway stations, as well as the Prince Edward and Royal York buses. It is also easily accessible to the Gardiner Expressway, Lake Shore Boulevard and the 427.
The Kingsway is primarily made up of detached tudor-style, two-storey homes that were built in the 1920’s and early 1930’s. It was originally developed by Robert Home Smith who sought to create a garden city in the 19th century British style. A number of homes in the area have gone through major renovation while maintaining the facade and character of the original homes.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Restaurants – Azarias, Merlot, Vibo, La Veranda Osteria, Sempre Pizza and Pasta, Ottimo Ristorante, Momiji Sushi Bar, Black Angus Steakhouse, Kingsway Fish & Chips, The Old Mill
- Bars – The Crooked Cue, Henry VIII, The Monks Kettle, Old Sod Pub
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Creme de la Creme Cafe, Caffe Demetre
- Worth mentioning – Magic Spot, Hong Kong Gardens
- Stores – Carriage Trade, Bill Miles, Dina Alonzi Bridal, Simply Chic Fine Lingerie