Thinking of buying a house or condo in High Park? Our guide to High Park real estate below, will help you decide if this is the neighbourhood for you!
High Park Boundaries
High Park runs west to Clendenan, east to Dundas, north to Annette and south to Bloor Street. It closely borders the areas of Bloor West Village, The Junction and Roncesvalles.
High Park Real Estate
Types of Homes in High Park:
High Park primarily consists of 2 and 2.5 storey semi and detached homes on narrow lots, although there are some grand old homes on High Park Avenue that have been around since the area was developed in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. There are also a lot of high rise apartment and condominium buildings in the area, predominantly on Quebec, Pacific, High Park and Oakmount, between Bloor and Glenlake.
Real Estate Pricing & Statistics in High Park:
Hot Spots in High Park
This stretch of Bloor Street is primarily occupied by High Park. There are a few local watering holes around Keele and Bloor, but most residents take advantage of the proximity to Bloor West Village, The Junction and Roncesvalles Village.
- Restaurants – The Grenadier Restaurant, The Thai, Lunch Box, King Slice, Ravi Soups
- Bars – The Bar With No Name, Whelan’s Gate, Mackenzie’s, The Mugshot Tavern
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Hula Girl, Outpost Coffee Roasters
Transportation in High Park
High Park is serviced by the High Park, Keele and Dundas West subway stations, as well as the Bloor, Annette and Keele buses. It is also easily accessible to the Gardiner Expressway and Lake Shore Boulevard.
Schools in High Park
- Keele Street Public School (JK-6)
- Mountview Alternative Junior School (JK-6)
- Indian Road Crescent Jr. P.S. (JK-6)
- Runnymede Junior & Senior Public School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- St. Cecilia Catholic School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- Humberside Collegiate Institute (9-12) (french immersion)
- Western Technical-Commercial School (9-12)
- Ursula Franklin Academy (9-12)
- THESTUDENTSCHOOL (11-12)
Recreation in High Park
- High Park
- West Toronto Lawn Bowling Club
- Lithuania Park
- Keele Community Centre & Swimming Pool
- Baird Park
- Ravina Gardens Park
Culture in High Park
The culture in High Park is recreational in nature, due to it’s proximity to the city’s largest park. Amongst other great attributes, many residents take advantage of the park’s running & biking trails, the outdoor rink and pool, the tennis courts, the Jamie Bell adventure playground and the High Park Zoo. Due to the number of apartment buildings and condos in the High Park area, there is also a larger number of rental opportunities in this neighbourhood than some of the other west end neighbourhoods.