Thinking of buying a house or condo in The Junction? Our guide to The Junction real estate below, will help you decide if this is the neighbourhood for you!
The Junction Boundaries
The Junction Real Estate
Types of Homes in The Junction:
The Junction is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to it’s style. It was primarily developed in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. Here you will find large 2.5 storey detached homes alongside narrow Victorian row houses, but for the most part, the lots are narrow, the homes tall and skinny, and the parking is in the back (lane, that is). There are also quite a few industrial and commercial loft conversions and a number of low-rise condo buildings in the area.
Real Estate Pricing & Statistics in The Junction:
Hot Spots in The Junction
- Restaurants – Bricco Kitchen & Wine Bar, The Passenger, Playa Cabana Cantina, Curry Twist, Roux, Vesuvio Pizzeria, Nodo
- Bars – Axis Gallery & Grill, Hole in the Wall, Indie Ale House, 3030 Dundas West
- Coffee Shops/Cafes – Crema Coffee, The Beet, Littlefish Cafe Bakery, Locomotive, The Good Neighbour
- Design Stores – Cornerstone, Smash, Metropolis Living, Mjolk, Equilibrium, Forever Interiors, Haveli Home, Eclectic Revival, Post & Beam Architectural Reclamation
- Worth Mentioning – Ice Cream Junction, The Sweet Potato (grocery store)
- Stores – Black Daffodil
Transportation in The Junction
The Junction is serviced by the High Park, Keele and Dundas West subway stations, as well as the Dundas and Keele buses. It is also easily accessible to the Gardiner Expressway and Lake Shore Boulevard.
Schools in The Junction
- Annette Street Public School (JK-8)
- High Park Alternative Junior School (JK-8)
- Indian Road Crescent Jr. P.S. (JK-6)
- St. Cecilia’s Catholic School (JK-8) (french immersion)
- Humberside Collegiate (9-12) (french immersion)
- Lucy McCormick Senior School (special education)
Recreation in The Junction
Culture in The Junction
The Junction was dry from 1904-2001. When the alcohol ban was lifted, the area went through a massive revitalization, particularly within the last 5 years. Families, artists and hipsters have moved in and the real estate prices have skyrocketed. The main drag of Dundas Street West is now teaming with trendy bars, restaurants and shops. The area is celebrated with The Junction Summer Solstice Festival in June and The Junction Music Festival in September.